Event Phone: 02 99222624
- November 11, 2015 - November 13, 2015
9:30 am - 6:00 pm
This course covers key aspects of bank asset and liability management (ALM).
Recent regulatory reforms, including in particular the ‘New Global Liquidity Standard’ added to global banking requirements in Basel lll will be discussed and analysed. Other key aspects of ALM including balance sheet and capital structure & management will be covered. The implications of Basel lll for bank strategic and business growth planning will be a point of focus.
This course gives participants hands on experience in making ALM decisions and then analysing the results using GuardB@nk ALM simulator. By the end of the course, participants should be able to:
– Understand and explain the asset and liability (ALM) processes required in a bank
– Recognise how ALM processes effect day-to-day decision making in a bank
– Better identify and analyse a bank’s exposure to key risk factors
– Understand performance measurement and value creation in a banking model which contains different business activities
– Function more effectively within their own bank directly or indirectly in the ALM process
Participants are provided with PCs, equipped with the GuardB@nk ALM simulation software, for the practical exercises.
ABOUT THE FACILITATOR
Douglas Bongartz-Renaud has over 30 years of experience in the Financial Markets and Services Industry. He was an Executive Director in the Markets Division with ABN AMRO in Amsterdam. Douglas headed the Treasury, ALM and market risk team in ABN AMRO’s Risk Advisory Service business, which was engaged in projects with over 40 banking clients in Asia and the EMEA region.
For more information:
Practical ALM Sydney 11-13 Sep 2015 Flyer
Venue Phone: 02 92236231Address: